THE FACADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
is a storefront improvement grant initiative administered by the City of Fountain Inn (COFI)? The purpose of the program is to encourage and assist property and business owners located in Fountain Inn Main Street Program Area (see map for program boundaries) to restore and improve the appearance of the facades of their buildings. Applicants are eligible to receive up to 50% of the project cost up to $10,000, depending on the project's scope. This grant program may be used in conjunction with other programs, including GCRA's Façade Improvement Grant Program.
ELIGIBLE IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
- Signage and/or painting.
- Restoration of architectural details in historic buildings and removal of elements covering any such architectural details.
- Installation or repair of signs, which are attractively integrated into the architecture of a building including its window areas, doorways, awnings, or canopies (signs may identify a business, but not advertise a product).
- Removal and/or installation of appropriately scaled and lighted window areas for retail displays or for visual access into retail or service business or a restaurant.
- Installation of appropriate lighting for the purpose of illuminating the exterior and signage of a building.
- Removal and/or installation of awnings, canopies, or shutters.
- Cleaning and/or repainting of building exteriors.
- Cleaning and/or re-pointing of brick, and other masonry.
- Replacement of deteriorated windows, doors, and/or framing visible from the street.
- Removal of solid roll-down security gates
- ADA accessibility improvements (exterior only).
- Parking lots
- Landscaping not attached to the building
- New construction
- Interior improvements
- Equipment or Inventory
- Overpowering signage and backlit awning
- Deferred Maintenance